Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold-Internet Radio source

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCM400Noob

IS-IT--Management
Jul 10, 2008
US
I see a very old thread from 2004 mentioning this, but is anyone doing this now? It looks like plenty of devices out there that used to do this but it seems like many have been discontinued. I'd prefer to NOT use a computer but a separate device.

Thank you.

You'll almost certainly need a public broadcast licence for this too, in the UK it's a PRS licence for example :)

We use Sirius/XM for business (fully licensed) and one of their players. Works like a champ every day. Can change "channel", control volume, etc via browser. $25/mo +/- in US. This is used for background music in professional offices as well.

Thank you for the responses.

Smartphone or ipod touch is a good idea. Any other appliance recommendations would be appreciated as I would prefer hardwired rather than wifi.

I don't need a license, it is my content, but broadcast from another location.

We used to be on XM but we dropped them.

thank you.

You could go really cheap with a raspberry pi, throw whatever the raspberry ubuntu flavor is out for it, and stream from there. They're like $35.

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office
qrcode.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back