Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Music on Hold fading in and out

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccaug

Technical User
Jul 29, 2004
US
Anyone had a problem with the music on hold fading in and out. To clarify, when you are on hold the music will play and then it goes away and then after a few seconds it will come back.....then after a few seconds of playing it goes away again.

Someone told me a while back that it had something to do with codecs and cell phones.....If I call from a land line I still get the same problem. I am having this problem on a compact ICS too.

Thanks for any input on this.

Chad

I would have to say the appropriate sound this is making is a hissing noise. I would understand if this was IP trunks and VAD or Silence suppression were on for the trunks but its not. I am having this problem at two locations. One is a BCM 3.7 and the other is a Compact ICS 6.1.

Music fades out and you hear hissing or white noise and then the music comes back. There is no compression setting on the MOH is there?

I have another customer that is using IP Music and having the same problem too.

I have use portable cd players and had that problem. Go drop 30 bucks and get something that come with an ac cord.

Tim

One is Radio(with AC cord) and the other is a Digital Music on Hold player. The kind you put the tape in and it records it to a chip.

It is two different sources, two different systems.

????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back