Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

music by dialing an extension 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Montero84

Technical User
Jul 17, 2008
US
Hello,

I know how to play music overhead, but I have a different request to do that. I need a way to play overhead music for a short periods of time. The idea is to dial an extension then a pre-recorded message/music would play. Is there a way to acomplish that?, I know I could have an announcement extension with some music recorded, but I am wondering how to play it overhead when that extension is dialed. Thanks in advance!

if you want to do this at your discretion and not automated, you could possibly dial the extension for the overhead paging then conference on the announcement. kind of a strange way to do it but it would work. just remember that it will take a second for you to press the conference button a second time to bring the announcement/music online with the overhead paging so add two seconds of silence to the announcement before you start speaking.

It never ceases to amaze me what we are asked to do. An Avaya box is a clever bit of kit but....................
When you say overhead do you mean on the paging speaker in the phone, or on a Tannoy?

Speak softly and carry a big switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back