Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multivoip

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ch1nt3l

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2006
CY
Does anyone try to connect a Multivoip Gateway MVP130-AV FXS in an IP Office? I connect a Multivoip in an IP Office with VCM and automatically recognize it as an H.323 device and creates an IP extension. Then I connect an analog phone in the fxs port of Multivoip and I manage to dial the extensions in the IP Office. The extensions are ringing but when you answer nobody can hear each other. Does anyone knows what is the problem?

No I don't have such license. Do I need it?

yes you need it

Can,t you make an IP-Trunk to the Multivoip.
If so you don,t need licence.

Greets Peter

The MVP130-FXS does not have an FXO port and I cannot connect it with an IP-Trunk. I will buy the license.
Thank you guys for your help.

why not use the fxs as a simple analog ext ext. with and fxo at one end to put an analog line into and an fxs at the other you can ext that ext anywhere on a data network. i have done it on the magix and legend many times.

ACA & ACS IPO Implementation

Because, if you can do it with a single multivoip at one end, it's a lot cheaper.
otherwise, you need two multivoips and additional station ports on the IPO system

License is cheaper than MVP, you also need an analog port allocated at the head end for each MVP. More $$ for hardware.

1 RTU is ~$180 or so. An extra MVP is $300 plus the analog port needed on the IPO to support it. $130/port or so...

I would rather pay $180 than $400+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back