Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multivoip MVP130 FXS

Status
Not open for further replies.

m1ch1nt3l

IS-IT--Management
Dec 19, 2006
CY
I connect an MVP130 FXS to a SOE IP Office with Release 3.1. I have also installed a license for a 3rd party ip devices in IPO. The system saw the MVP130 as an IP station. The problem is that when I make outgoing calls (internal or external)from the MVP the call is connected but there is no audio. I checked in the statistics menu of the MVP and I noticed that on outgoing calls MVP and IPO do not send or receive any packets.This does not happen on incoming calls. On incoming calls there is audio and packets are transmitted between MVP and IPO. Does anyone knows what can I do to solve the problem?

You can try to turn on fast start and disable direct media path under the extension. That may help.

The fast start is turned on. If it is turned off neither incoming or outgoing are working. I play with the direct media path does not change anything.

I installed only one MVP. IPO see the MVP as a non-Avaya ip endpoint. The MVP is on the same network with the IPO. IPO IP address is 10.0.0.29 and MVP IP address is 10.0.0.13. Do I need an IP route?

Yes. Unless you have a default in of 10.0.0.0 going to LAN 1. But, just to be safe, I would enter an IP route and see what happens?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back