Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multivalue Combo Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

McHooty

Technical User
May 23, 2011
GB
I am trying to insert a combo box that will allow me to select multiple values on a page of an existing form in an access database that was originally created over 15 years ago but has since been converted to accdb format.
The data from which the choices are to be made is just a list of names in a two field table.
I can get it to work by creating a new form but am struggling to reproduce this on an existing page. I can display the list of names, but not the ability to select multiple choices.
Any advice would be appreciated, bearing in mind i am now well past retirement age and haven't dabbled with access or this database in particular for quite a while.
McHooty

> select multiple choices
How about using a list box instead [ponder]

---- Andy

There is a great need for a sarcasm font.

Is the field in the table set to allow multiple values and the Row Source a query? If so, when you are in the form, you should be able to just drag and drop the field on the form. You will also need to set the row source for the control to the same query as used for the field in the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back