Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiuser Form

Status
Not open for further replies.

EPBoone

Technical User
Feb 3, 2001
US
I have a form that is used to edit and print out records. To print a record, you have tag a check box so that when you print, it will only print the records that are tagged. If two people are using it, then it will print the records that both people have selected. How can I set it up that both people can use it at the same time and select and print only the records they need?

Rather than using a checkbox to tag each users' selections, could you capture their user ID in a textbox, and then filter the report to print only records tagged with the individual user's ID.

Of course, this would only work if you have enabled Access's security and require each user to log in, otherwise they will all be logged in as the admin user.

otherwise, you might need to use record locking to lock the whole table while any one user is trying to print.

HTH

Lightning

Right now, everyone that uses this program uses the same UserID, but I think only two or three people use that specific form. I guess I could give them there own UserID. We need to all be able to use it at the same time. How would I capture their UserID's and format the report to do that?

You can capture the user's id using the "CurrentUser" function. See the Online help topic "CurrentUser function" for more info on this.

Set a text field in your table called User (or whatever).
Add this field to your form and set the default value to
=CurrentUser().

When you print the form use a where clause to filter on this field.

HTH
Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back