Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MultiTenancy and SSL and Outlook 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

kzn

MIS
Jan 28, 2005
GB
HI

I have set up multitenacy on Exchange 2013 and installed an SSL certificate. Since doing all this I have noticed that the server details no longer have the name ie mail.domain.com in outlooks Account settings, but now have a long series of numbers and letters followed by the @domain.com as per my screenshot. Is this normal? If I remove this and put in the server name I get an error. Any ideas appreciated.

Many thanks,

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=62042b12-4a3d-4bf8-9bb0-a324bb323275&file=Outlook.jpg
That is normal on Exchange 2013, even if you don't have a multi-tenant installation. This is true both on-premise and when you have a hosted Exchange 2013 mailbox like at Office365. Don't worry about it. Autodiscover should get you connected, so you shouldn't have to specify a server name normally.

Dave Shackelford
ThirdTier.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back