Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multitech Fax server on a Mitel 3300

Status
Not open for further replies.

djones92

Vendor
Jul 22, 2010
US
I am installing a Mitel 3300 MXe with a Multi-tech faxfinder fax server. It is integrated via analog ports. I was wondering if anyone else has set this up before and could give me some ideas on how to get the DID digits to pass across to the analog ports.

yea, basically lets say your DIDs are 4100 through 4199. You need to set those DID's up as voice hunt groups. Then call reroute those hunts groups to a hunt group that you created that have your ons ports in it.

To test it, plug an analog phone into one of your ons ports. Then make a call to the DID. When the call rings the analog set, pick up and you should hear it dial the DID (4digit) that was dialed. If you hear that, you should be good to go to plug those ONS lines right into the fax server.

A couple of notes: You'll need to program the fax server hunt group like a voice mail system or the digits won't be sent. Create a new COS and turn on COV/ONS voice mail and apply that COS to the analog ports. Then put those ports in a "Voice Mail" type hunt group.

Rather than creating a bunch of hunt groups for your DIDs, my preference, when I can, is to create a "phantom" phone with a PKM and add the numbers as keys. That's just another way of doing what cknipe suggested and is just simply my preference.

Dry Aquaman

I forgot about that 2nd part with the fax ports being set as voicemail.

I had mine originally setup the pkm way that you described but then I had a coworker delete the phone that was out of service...since it wasnt being used. After I beat him over the head, I switched to the hunt group way to do it. Either way works though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back