Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiselect listbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

oxicottin

Programmer
Jun 20, 2008
US
Hello, I have a completed database and after reviewing and messing with it a lot and trying different scenarios I think I should have a multiselect listbox instead of a combo box on my main form. My question is right now I save my selection my table (tbl_Hold) field (ProductID) and the record source is of the combo box is:

SELECT [tbluProductDefects].[DefectID], [tbluProductDefects].[Defect] FROM tbluProductDefects ORDER BY [Defect];

I want to be able to save all the selected items I choose and when I open the form I want to be able to see the items that I choose in the listbox. What do I have to do to the table and the form?

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

Majp, sorry for not getting back I had a death in the family.... Now back to the DB I cant figure out how to get the Concatenate added into the query. I played with it all night and im lost...! I want to show the tbluProductDefects Defect all in a row with the comas like the Function by Duane you posted. Duane if your there maybe you can help?

SQL:
SELECT tbl_Hold.HoldID, tbl_Hold.EntryDate, tbl_Products.ProductID, tbl_Products.Product, tbl_Hold.Length, tbl_Hold.DescreteJob, tbluMachines.Machine, tbluProductDefects.Defect
FROM tbluProductDefects INNER JOIN (tbluMachines INNER JOIN (tbl_Products INNER JOIN (tbl_Hold INNER JOIN tbl_HoldProdDefects ON tbl_Hold.HoldID = tbl_HoldProdDefects.HoldID) ON tbl_Products.ProductID = tbl_Hold.ProductID) ON tbluMachines.MachineID = tbl_Hold.MachineID) ON tbluProductDefects.DefectID = tbl_HoldProdDefects.DefectID
GROUP BY tbl_Hold.HoldID, tbl_Hold.EntryDate, tbl_Products.ProductID, tbl_Products.Product, tbl_Hold.Length, tbl_Hold.DescreteJob, tbluMachines.Machine, tbluProductDefects.Defect
ORDER BY tbl_Hold.EntryDate DESC;

Thanks,
SoggyCashew.....

Create a query with this SQL view:

SQL:
SELECT tbl_Hold.HoldID, tbl_Hold.EntryDate, tbl_Products.ProductID, tbl_Products.Product, 
tbl_Hold.Length, tbl_Hold.DescreteJob, tbluMachines.Machine, 
Concatenate("SELECT Defect FROM tbl_HoldProdDefects HPD INNER JOIN tbluProductDefects PD ON HPD.DefectID = PD.DefectID 
  WHERE HPD.HoldID = " & [HoldID]) AS Defects
FROM tbluMachines INNER JOIN (tbl_Products INNER JOIN tbl_Hold ON tbl_Products.ProductID = tbl_Hold.ProductID) 
ON tbluMachines.MachineID = tbl_Hold.MachineID
ORDER BY tbl_Hold.EntryDate DESC;

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back