Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiproc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I have a compaq server running w2k , i added another processor, and followed microsoft and compaq whitepaper to upgrade my w2k to multiproceesor ,bios updated and w2k drivers, but when i reboot , blue screen with memory-managment stop error.Bios initialized both of them , but w2k still sees it as one processor (uniproce).
any help will be thankful.

You have to first make sure that both procs are being seen at post. Once you know that they are both seen by the system. Then once you get into the OS goto device manager and under computer you will prob see something like MPS or APIC Uniprocessor PC or standard computer. You will have to properties for that device then update driver, finally select display a list of known drivers. At this point you will have to choose depending if you have MPS Uni Proc or APIC Uni Proc you will either pick MPS Multi Proc or APIC Multi proc. You will NOT pick compaq for Manf. These selections will be under standard Computer and then models. If this does not work I suggest you give compaq tech support a ring they are a very helpful staff and very knowledgeable. You may have to upgrade some firmware for you system board to recognize the dual procs. Could be that the steppings on the procs could be off if you did not buy the procs from compaq. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back