Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiplex in arcserve 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

chibuku

Technical User
Jul 31, 2000
GB
how do i enable data multiplex in arcserve 2000. i can see where the option is but it is greyed out.

HI,

This option is not available with AS2000...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

so which versions of arcserve support data multiplexing?
thanks

HI,

The enterprise editions of ARCserve should support this..
i guess...

you would have to contact CA's sales department...

cheers
speshalyst So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Be aware of the kind of multiplexing you're dealing with :
multiple jobs to one tape - not supported by any BrightStor for Windows version
one job to multiple tapes - only supported by BrightStor Enterprise backup
The 'greyed out' option comes from ARCserve for NetWare.
With ARCserve 2000 / ARCserve 7 for netware CA started to develop multi-platform managers so the interfaces had to become the same

regards

Hi Folks here´s the answer:
1)Yes ARCserve can tape span, which means a backup job(data stream)running on several devices. When one tape is full the session will automatically span to another tape. This requires more than one ARCserve device group being set up.
2)Yes ARCserve can parallel stream, which means several backup jobs(data stream)running simultaneously, one at each device group configured for your system.

May this helps
cheers

For more info on spanning and parallel streaming please see Chapter 6: Managing Devices and Media/The Device Manager/Device Group Configuration:- ftp://ftp.ca.com/pub/ARCserve-linux/7.x/manuals/1_admguide.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back