Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

XWalrus2

Programmer
May 27, 2002
US
I have AOL (Yes, I know, it sucks, but my parents pay for it, and beggers can't be choosers.)
I currently use AOL 7.0, because whenever I attempt to use AOL 8.0 or 9.0, the computer will randomly give me a BSOD error that reads
MULTIPLE_IRP_COMPLETE_REQUESTS
then a standard "contact your hardware manufacturer, etc" text, then
STOP: 0x00000044 (0x81369108,0x00000D60,0x00000000,0x00000000)
The hex seems to change, but the initial MULTIPLE_IRP thing stays the same.
I'm running a Duron 850, with 256mb RAM, and a NVidia Vanta AGP card. The only program that remains constant when this happens is AOL and Windows (XP, obviously, or else I wouldn't be posting in this forum.)
Help is most appreciated.

I don't have Zone Alarm installed, though I have had it in the past.

I've tried verifying the unsigned device drivers. The problem is, I have about 11 of them, and I have no idea which devices they're connected to. Here's a list:
atwpkt.sys
gearaspiwdm.sys
p1100ccd.sys
p1100cvd.sys
packet.sys
pctvvbi.sys
pfc.sys
secdrv.sys
u2sb.sys
vvbeth.sys
vvbususb.sys
Which of these could be causing my problem?

Alright. That one seems to be connected to my CD-ROM, CD-RW, and DVD-ROM drives. What makes you think that's the problem?

Yes, I have iTunes installed, but the problem was around before I installed it.

Look to the iTunes forums.

Essentially you need to disable System Restore (right-click My Computer, Properties, System Restore, and uncheck the box at the top).

Then remove the Gear System drivers and service. As you said the issue existed before. But the iTunes stuff has exacerbated the problem of lousy drivers from Roxio.

Clean the gear drivers and service.
Clean the Roxio drivers and service, or update the things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back