Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple ver of developer runtimes

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookor

MIS
Apr 21, 1999
US
Our company has Developer forms 5.0 and reports 3.0. We are running a vendor supplied application whose forms are 4.5 and reports 2.5. I have not been able to get their runtime bin and our runtime bin to exist on the same workstations. We are therefore forced to develop in older versions when we have better versions available. Does anyone have any suggestions for getting both runtimes to work or is it possible to run the older forms and reports using the newer runtimes? <br>
<br>
thanks for any info<br>
bob<br>

The best option is to convert the forms 4.5 and reports 2.5, it's very simple you only need to compile them using the forms builder (5.0) and report builder (3.0).

Unfortunately we dont have the source code for the vendor's product. I don't know their reason for not recompiling their product. They have advised that they are now developing in the updated products, but still no explanation ref why we are still running the older stuff. I could really get a leg up if I could get the two runtimes to coexist. When they do finally update Ill have a couple hundred workstations to reinstall clients on.<br>
<br>
thanks for the reply<br>
<br>
<br>
<br>

What was the problem with installing both forms 4.5 and forms 5.0. I have got both those setups to work before. they use a different naming conventions so they should work.

Sunil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back