Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple username passwords required for url reporting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bmouw

Programmer
Jun 18, 2003
US
I am using unmanaged reports and calling them via url. For some reason it is requiring a login for each table seperately. Even though they are part of the same database. If a report has 3 tables I have to provide 3 usernames and passwords even if they are the same. Does anyone know why this is? My url looks like this.
&user0=username&password0=password&user1=username&password1=password
&user2=username&password2=password&apsuser=guest&apspassword=&apstokenA1B2
&apsauthtype=secEnterprise&promptex-As of Date="Date(2003, 7, 2)"&promptex-Group Num="0"

I use unmanaged reports ina very similar way.
Just go click on the report object and then click on the database tab.
You can specify the password for each datasource required for the report. Make sure you click on the update button.

They way I use the database security is like a proxy. I let the use authenticate with Enterprise but I use a specific account for accesing the database. That way I just need to manage one account with the db.

If your getting additional windows username/password/domain dialogue boxs when logging it, then check you Browser security setting for User Authentication.

Hope this helps
Fred

URL reporting can be handy, but is limited and at times not so stable. Suspect why CD has deprecated the functionality in v9.

You would also bve getting prompted for subreports (if you had any)

You are being prompted because the report is asking for it. What you are passing in the URL is not being propogated to the other tables.

There is another option using the following syntax that may propogate for you --

User-<servername>.<databasename>& Password-<servername>.<databasename>

Have a look in this paper --

Just for clarification. What you are doing looks like &quot;UNMANAGED&quot; reporting. This means that your reports do not reside in the Enterprise system. Thus fredp1 suggestion will not have much bearing.

If you were calling reports that were actaully &quot;MANAGED&quot; by Enterprise you could use this, but your URL would be calling the report by ID (as outlined in the doc)

Cheers,

SurfingGecko
Home of Crystal Ease

SurfingGecko Thanks.

I am using unmanaged reports. I messed with it some and got a weird result. Using the url from above I have put these parameters in place of the other user/passwordstuff and it works.

&User-whse.=username&Password-whse.=password

whse is the name of the database not the servername. For some reason this works. I tried all other combos of servername and database name but this was the only one that worked. WEIRD!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back