Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple User DB - One User cannot open Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

BillieBurgess

Technical User
Jul 2, 2002
US
Hello,
I have 4 users on a DB. It is ACCESS 2003. It is a Split-Database, with the front-end sitting on the C drive and the back-end on the server. All but 1 user can open the reports. This user can do everything else. When she tries to open a report using the switchboard she gets ERROR 3011; "the MS-Jet database engine could not find the object name". I double checked and the object does exist on her front-end, and I checked the name referenced that is correct as well. When I try to open the report manually (clicking directly on the report) nothing happens. I cannot open any reports using her computer. I tried different Databases and the same thing occurs. When I try to build a report on her computer it locks up. Obviously there is a computer setting wrong or an upgrade needed. She is running Access 2003 SP2 . I have to have MIS upgrade her computer, as I do not have permissions and they require that I know exactly what they need to upgrade. I am hoping that this is a settings error and can be fixed without them.

You have provided a lot of information but nothing about your printers. Your user must have a default printer defined in Windows.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I am sorry, She has her printer defaulted to a HP Printer and is able to print other applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back