Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple upfserver.exe in Task Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

GJParker

Programmer
Jul 4, 2002
GB
I notived that I have numerous upfserver.exe processes running on my web server approx 12, the server Portal Server Administration shows only 2 Contents processes and 1 Event process.

Server processes settings are :

Content Server
Processes on startup = 2
maximum threads per process = 50
maximum processes = 10
Event Server
Processes on startup = 1
maximum threads per process = 20
maximum processes = 5

is it normal to have multiple upfserver.exe running ?

If not is there some other setting I need to look at ?

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

That's strange behaviour indeed.
What platform / version are you running.
I have Upfront 7.1 MR1 on W2K. The # of processes in Upfront Admin and in taskmanager completely match.
Have you tried to identify which process ID's don't fugure in Upfront Admin that do show-up in taskmanager (assuming you're running the same platform that is)

Geert
Data Management
Beerse, Belgium

I am also running Upfront 7.1 MR1 on W2K.
The 2 process ID's listed in Upfront Admin are visible in Task Manager ID 5384 and 1680, there are also 8 other upfserver.exe processes running all with higher ID's.

The content server maximum processes is set to 10. If a new process is started by Upfront should this be ended automatically, and should it also be displayed in Upfront Admin ?

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back