Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Telnet Sessions - Incoming Data on Wrong Session

Status
Not open for further replies.

ambl

Programmer
Jan 20, 2005
US
Windows XP - Procomm Plus 4.8

With multiple telnet sessions connected, occasionally I see the problem with the incoming data from one session coming in on the wrong session.

I am attempting to write a launcher.was script that launches and manages a number of telnet sessions (workers) to run a script. The worker.was script that each session runs will read it's personal .ini file for instructions on which host to connect to, the name of the script to run, log files, etc. Worker.was updates a status field (or fields) in the .ini file. Launcher.was will check each .ini for the status of the sessions so it knows when it can offer another task.

So, I need to know it the fix provided below worked or if there is a new update.
When I click on the link, it opens the file as opposed to downloading it. What am I doing wrong?

" *** 12 May 04 17:31 ***
For anyone who wants to test this updated file, I have made it available here:

The Procomm developer asked that you send me any problems that you may come across with this updated file (you may wish to rename the previous file instead of overwriting it so you can restore the original version if necessary)."

I was able to download the file through a link on a different post.

I have the same issue with Procomm 4.8, running 3 separate windows to split the load of saving configs from 1300 devices. Sometimes the Kermit File Transfer data from one window shows up as a line of "garbage" in another window, which messes up my capture files. Is there more information somewhere about the ".dlc" file mentioned above ?

DLC information is contained on the install CD. Look through the folders on the CD and you'll find it. (Sorry I don't have mine handy or I'd look up the directory for you, but I was just looking at this again about 6 weeks ago when I was unpacking/repacking my software CD library.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back