Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple tags <html> <body> showing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trusts

Programmer
Feb 23, 2005
US
Hi all,

Really weird. I have never seen this before. I am updating an app that was handed to me. I am updating HTML, CSS, ASP, etc. My finished files are "clean". But when rendered in the browser other block of HTML appear. Entire HTML-HEAD-BODY, etc blocks. A page could end up with up to 4 Body tags, yet the raw ASP file has only one - and there are no includes pulling anything in.

Could this be something weird in IIS? Anyone seen this before or any ideas how to debug this?

Thanks,
KB

KB,

While the ASP code will help to better understand, the best I can think of now is that there is a loop running where the HTML-BODY tags are within the loop and hence generating the whole page multiple times instead of just a table with multiple rows.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Satish

It's also possible that include files have their own tags that are added to the page when it's built. Does the server add any content automatically to the page?

Lee

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back