Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple tables 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rjconrep

Technical User
Oct 24, 2000
US
I have created a module that will change the structure of a table. However now I need to know how I can update all twenty different data files at once.

We need more information
20 data files is this 20 seporate mdb files
are they copys of each other
give us a clue to what you want to do to the 20 data files
or is it the structure you wish to change

I have a job that I do once a week that intails quite a bit of data restructuring. I have twenty data files in an mdb that all need the same data work. So I created a module that alters the field lengths, the column names, and deletes unwanted columns. What I need to know is how I can have this module update all twenty tables within this mdb instead of having to manually change the name of the table within the module twenty times.
Any suggestions?

look up the tabledef colection you can step threw the collection one by one in code
or
create a table of the table names and step threw the records one by one using your tableName field as a variable in your code

In the vba editor View menu, Object Browser
you will see the objects and collections you have access to in code

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back