Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Stored Procedures In Report and SubReport:Getting Prompted 2x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am currently using Crystal 8 Developers Edition connecting to SQL 2000. Reports are being accessed via the web. I have one stored procedure for the main report and a second for the sub report. I have linked the data from the main report since the parameter fields for these procedures are identical. Therefore the parameter prompt asks only for three parameters. The problem occurs when the reports are run in our application. We are being prompted for a data base connection(ODBC) password and username. This only occurs because of the second stored procedure. I am seeking a solution using Crystal, since the redevelopment of our UI or Database would be quite tedious. Thanks to anyone who can help.

Hi,

Have you had any luck with this? We're running into a similar problem here -- getting prompted for user name and password even though it's already been passed into report. Did you find that you needed to pass in additional user name and password for the stored procedure????

Many thanks,

Adele Miller
Application Engineer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back