Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple stLinkCriteria problem? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

glxman

Technical User
Apr 19, 2007
GB
Hi can someone advise what is wrong with the following - I have fiddled with it and just cannot get it to work.

Code:
Private Sub cmdViewTxns_Click()

On Error GoTo Err_cmdViewTxns_Click

Dim stDocName As String
    Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frmKE5ZList"

stLinkCriteria = "[Workstream]=" & "'" & Me![Workstream] & "' and [Period] =" & "'" & Me![Period] & "'"
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Exit_cmdViewTxns_Click:
    Exit Sub

Err_cmdViewTxns_Click:
    MsgBox Err.Description
    Resume Exit_cmdViewTxns_Click

End Sub

I began with the wizard linking the [Workstream] and tried to add [Period] - unsuccessfully!

Many thanks
Richard

Are both workstream and period text fields? Numeric fields do not need delimiters, date fields need hash (#) delimiters.

Hi Remou

Yes the period is a numeric field so i removed the delimiters which solves some of the problem

The click button is on a subform and I can get it to work correctly by referencing the form control like:

Code:
forms![myform subform]![period]

But this only works when the subform is open directly - otherwise I get parameter value prompt. Any ideas?

Thanks
Richard

If both the button and the controls are on the subform, you would be better off with Me. Did it not work?

Code:
 stLinkCriteria = "[Workstream]='" & Me![Workstream] & "' and [Period] =" & Me![Period] 
    DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

You cannot refer to subforms contained in a subform control in the same way as you refer to forms, here are the rules:

The Me did not work, but this information is useful and I have solved my problem. I instead referenced to a listbox control with the same value on the main form (that dictates the value on the subform). I realise I can refer to the value on the subform with the correct syntax, which is useful for future reference.

Many thanks for your help.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back