Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple sites, 1 CF installation, not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSaint99

Technical User
Apr 20, 2001
GB
Hi,

My setup is the following:
1 Windows 2000 Server with 1 network interface
this network interface has got 2 ip addresses, one for site A, one for site B
Coldfusion is installed and working.
This is the problem:
When I want to visit website A, it needs some CustomTags, and it can find them. These customtags point to a cfml template on website A. That works fine, but when I visit website B, the customtag that should point to a cfml template on website B, points to that cfml on website A.

The redirection by the customtag for website B is in the form '/testB/test.cfm', so it should start from the webroot ( and go in the directory testB, and read test.cfm. But instead it tries to read which doesn't exist.

Do I need to make mappings in the CF Administrator or do I need to make adjustments in the configuration of IIS 5?

Anybody an idea???

Thanx for your help,

TheSaint

Go into your Internet Services Manager and see if you can create another Site... Usually Windows 2k has a Remote Admin Site (if you installed it), the Default web site, and the FTP server (if installed.) I've not tried this yet, but see if you can create another 'Default web site'. If you can, then you can change the properties of each site to each of your corresponding two IP addresses.

Hope that helps. As I said, I've never tried it. Just an idea.

MG

Thanx for your help MorganGreylock,

But when I do this, it still points to the wrong website.
I Can't figure out what the problem is :(

Is there nobody who has got this problem before?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back