Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Sets Ringing on Norstar 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earls56

MIS
Dec 18, 2001
US
I need some help with a Norstar system I am working on. I normally work on large Meridian systems, and I am not that familiar with Norstar, but I am learning.

My customer has a MCIS MDR 6.1 with two PRI's and a CallPilot 100/150.

They want the Auto-Attendant of the Call Pilot to answer the main number and give a menu of:

Press one for Sales; Press two for Processing; Press 0 to leave a message in the general mailbox.

When they press 1 or 2, they want the line to ring everyone in that group, i.e. Sales or Processing. So How do you set up to have a call ring several extensions at once.

Also If they don't answer the call after the 3 or 4 rings, send the call to the general mailbox.

I think I can setup the menu but how do I route the calls to do the ringing and send it back to voice mail to leave a message.

Thank you for your input and time.

Earl

For Sales press 1, for Processing press 2, create transfer points in the AA to Dn's of Hunt groups. Hunt groups are created under their own heading in System Features area of programming. By default (and depending on the configuration of your Nstar system) the Dn's are in the high end of the 600 range or low 700's (I do stand to be corrected). Assign all extension Dn's of Sales to Hunt Group 1, likewise all extension Dn's of Processing to Group 2. When assigning ext's into the group there are various options similar to line appearances, Appr&Ring, Ring Only, Appr Only. The group itself can be optioned to present calls to members in a rotary fashion, linear or broadcast mode where all sets ring simultaneously. You also specify how long the call will remain ringing in the queue. Once that timer expires your choice is to have the call overflow to another destination. It can be another Nstar local (with it's own departmental mbox), back into the queue, or in your case overflow to the Dn of the CallPilot and the call will end up in General Delivery mbox. (Calls presented to Vmail by a Dn without a mbox assigned, in this case the Dn of the hunt group, by default end up in Gen. Del.) As for the zero out point being general delivery, it has been my experience that zeroing (bailing) out be reserved for the attendant position. Perhaps another digit would be better suited to go directly to Gen Delivery. Use that digit as transfer point to Dn of Vmail.

Thank you. That seems to be the information I was looking for. I spend the next day or so looking it over before I go to the customer's premise and do this job.

Again you have been most helpful.

Earl

You could also creat a mailbox for each hunt group. In that way calls to the hunt group that time out will go into appropriate mail boxes (Sales mailbox and Processing mailbox). This will leave the GMB available for only "0" calls.

Marv

Thank you nortelnorstar, that is another very good sugestion.

Earl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back