Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple selections: FAQ181-5497 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

firebolt

Instructor
Aug 4, 2001
CA
Hi looking for some help on this FAQ from FancyPrairie. I'm using the module, but unfortunately my selections will not print.

Thank you,
Firebolt

We have no idea why your selections won't print. What have you done to trouble-shoot so far?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I'm still trying to understand the code; it tells me to create the TAG for the where statement, but that may be my error as I have not completed that section yet. Working thru line by line to debug.

Firebolt

There is a fair amount of setup to that FAQ. You must correctly set the Tag property of each control you want to use for filtering your report. If you want us to help, you would need to provide use with your query fields and datatypes as well as the tag properties of all your controls.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

Thanks dhookom,

I am using a list box called lstcustomers. It has 3 sources of data, ID, Customer and job_number from a query called print customer (this query contains all 29 fields required on the report). Job number and customer are text fields, ID is an autinumber for my primary key. The listbox is set to simple for multiple selections to send to a report for faxing. It seems the tag properties is what I need to set up from this info or have I missed step?

Thanks, Firebolt

It seems the tag properties is what I need to set up from this info or have I missed step?" You are correct that you must set the appropriate values in the tag property of the list box.

Duane MS Access MVP

Sorry about that, I missed putting that Tag Value in. Here it is; Where=[print customer].ID,number. I thought I could use the Primary key - ID to select multiple records. I think this is the only one I need. When I do this, it now prompts me for a value, I enter a number, but get all of the records. I thought there would be no prompt and it would print those I had selected on the screen. I guess there is an error still along the path somewhere.

Thanks, Firebolt

Hey there dhookom,

Great news, I got it to work. My Where statement above should read ... Where=pricing.ID, number. I was usung the query as my source, but it had to be the table I had created. It works fine now, exactly what I needed.

One other question...do you have a routine or FAQ that could be used to allow me to select Fax or Printer once this report is previewed?

Thanks for all the support.

Firebolt

I don't have a solution for selecting a printer or fax. You might search these forum or Google.

Duane MS Access MVP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back