Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple selection in dataform

Status
Not open for further replies.

ideasworking

Programmer
Dec 2, 2001
CA
Can anyone get me started with multiple selections in dataforms? I want to be able to work with multiple records selected on a dataform. For example.... choose five records and append them to a table.

Well....

I have a subform that is dataview only. I want to be able to highlight multiple records and insert them into another table.

Not really knowing how to make this happen I envision a collection that includes all the record data for the records highlighted. The collection could then be broke down to records (1,2,3... and so on) and fields (1,2,3... and so on).

I know this won't work but... if I could make code work... this is what I would write.

Dim rstSelected as recordset
Set rstSelected = forms!frmMain.Listwindow.form.SelectedItems

Even if I could generate a list of values from one field (the key field) of the highlighted records... that would be fine. I could use that information to do what I want.

Is this making it any clearer?

Thanks for posting a response....

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back