Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple savesets and savepnpc

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasK

Technical User
Jun 7, 2000
CR
Hi.
I'm trying to backup multiple savesets in a group using savepnpc but it only backs up the first saveset. The remaining savesets are not backed up and it appears to hung. The precommand is executed succesfully and when I manually stop the backup, the postcommand is also executed.
I've read somewhere savepnpc executes for every saveset in the group. Does this apply to Networker over Win2K?
How can I enable backup with savepnpc with multiple savesets ?

Thanks in advance.

A 'savepnpc' should only execute once for the whole group... a 'save' should run for every saveset.

Check out the section 'Backup Command Customization' in the Networker Admin Guide, Chapter 4 - it explains all of this.

Also, I'm getting a message into the savepnpc.log error that say: preclntsave: The tmp file for the group exists.

I stopped nsr services, and deleted <group>.tmp and .lnk files.

If a let just one save set on my group, the backup runs fine. If I add more than one save set, the behavior appears.

The Networker Admin Guide says the save command runs once per saveset and the savepnpc runs once per group, but I'm not quite sure if this is true.

I'm using Networker 6.1.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back