Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple #'s on 1 key?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatsaint

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
US
I want to say thanks for all the help I've recieved so far. It has made a newbie's life much easier.

I have a new request from a user.

They want multiple phone numbers on a single key. The user has a 3903 with Key 0 and Key 1, each programmed with a phone extension. They want to add additional extensions to those keys. Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

why? i usuallt answer insane request with insane looks.. but you can do it in ld 23

new
acd
maxp 1
ncfw 4000

if key 0 is 4000 then it's also 1234.. 1234 would need to be a vacant number and added to the users mail as an ext.. in ld 23 ignore all the other prompts.. and you can add as many as the user wants

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I dont follow you! you want multiple estensions to ring in one key.. or multiple incoming calls from the outside.. if thats the case the easiet way is to have and IDC table pointing to the estension you want.

DCNO 1
IDGT CDGT
2122 2122
3511 6002
3800 6800
6916 3916
6919 3919
7511 6002

Thanks for the help.

I have quit asking why, and just try to figue out how to do the request. :) My boss wants it done so I do it.

The extensions they want programmed are in use on other phones. I guess they want to be able to pickup calls for other users if the users are away from their phones.

the acd works internal and external and removes the number from the vacant dn table.. the idc works for external only and leaves the number in the lvdn table..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

the acd also can give seperate voice mails and inform the user as to the number that was dialed..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

If they want to answer other peoples numbers that are ringing then johns scenario wont work for you. Based on what you had said previous it would, but to answer the others lines the better solution would be a pick up group, then when someone elses line is ringing they can answer it.

maxp 1 acd's only work on vacant numbers.. to answer others people line, try forward of rnpg.. either work way better..

idc takes away a did to assign 2 did's to one number, all the time.. maxp 1 acd sends a vacant number to a working dn..

find a vacant rnpg
ld 81
lst
feat pua
rnpg return.. that's a list of all in place pickup groups.. find a number that is skipped then go to each phone he wants to pick up, and his

ld 11
chg
echg yep
rnpg 21
cls pua gpua
key 11 rnp

on a 3900 you don't need a key, it's built in on the soft keys.. when a phone rings in your group pick up the handset.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

You should always ask WHY, the reason may give you different options that may work based on the need's of the user.

I took your advice and asked why. It turns out the numbers they want programmed are already in their pickup group, but their phones do not ring when someone calls the the numbers in the pickup group.

I think we have solved the problem, we are going to give them 3904 phones with 6 keys that can be programmed with phone numbers.

But, if there is a solution to my original question, I would appreciate knowing.

Here's the original scenero: A secretary has a 3903 with 2 phone keys, programmed with 1000 and 1001. She wants calls going to 2000 and 2002 to ring on her phone when no one picks up. 2000 and 2002 are in use in other offices. 2000 and 2002 are already in her pickup group, but her phone doesn't ring when 2000 and 2002 receive calls.

Would one possible solution be (instead of trying to program the keys) to have the numbers they want programmed, rollover if no one picks up? If I program the numbers to rollover will they be able to receive voice mail?

Is my newbieness showing? :)

Do the other phones (2000 and 2002) users have voice mail? If no, then you can FDN and HUNT the phone to the secretary DN.

no, not if you want more then one working number to ring on an analog.. that's why they make rnpg.. i will not give users rows of numbers for other phones that they can hear ring.. most of the time they get 2 mcr keys and a small rnpg group.. unit reception areas can have bfs keys.. users that are used to keysystems think they need "all" the lines on every phone drive me crazy.. a doctor said those exact words to me.. i told him i would be glad to have all 8000 numbers ring on his phone but he might not get a lot done..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I'm in a place where they want "all the numbers on all the phones" so that if one person answers and it's for someone else, the original person can put the call on hold and the someone else can pick it up from the appearance on another phone...in the same damn room. Seems they must never have learned how to Transfer with that TRN key that is on every phone!!

Do any of you have "standard" feature keys you use?

On a 2008, I put TRN, AO6, and MWK.
On a 2616 w/display: TRN, AO6, FWD, PRK, and MWK.
3904s (I only have a few) are practically pre-programmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back