Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple reports in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flupke

Programmer
Jun 26, 2002
BE
At the end of the day, I like the users of my program to print several reports. Through my Visual Basic program, with one click, four reports are displayed one after another on the screen (sales, income, and so on). On the screen, one report is hidden behind another. So the users have to print one report, then close it and the other report appears. Again prining, closing and on to the next report.
Is it possible to gather these four reports in one, so that the users can view and print all reports together in one big report by only one click on the print icon?

Many thanks and greetings from Brugge (Bruges - Belgium),

Michel

no this isn't possible....however, depending on the complexity of the reports, you may be able to create one report + 3 subreports that would make up the 4 reports that you currently have

you would pick one report that is always required

then in the report footer create 3 subsections. Into each subsection, place a different subreport and enable each report subsection with "New Page Before"

This way the report will be run, viewed and printed once

Jim Broadbent

Hello Jim;

Thanks for your help.

<<then in the report footer create 3 subsections>>

How do I achieve this?

Thanks,

Michel

Right click the report footer and select insert section below.

Now use the Insert->Subreport and insert each of the subreports in these additional footers, don't worry over linking the data, these are 4 distinct reports (I suggest that you make copies of the reports and use those in case you don't like the solution)

-k kai@informeddatadecisions.com

You should strongly consider making compiled executables of your reports and then scheduling them to run automatically. See faq149-1479 &quot;How can I get a Crystal Report to run Automatically&quot; for some options on how to do this. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
251-621-8972
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

Be aware that the imported subreports' page headers and footers will be converted to (print-once) report headers and footers, and that the container report page headers and footers will be printed on the subreport pages. You can deal with that but it will take some work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back