Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Remote Desktops

Status
Not open for further replies.

ichabob

Technical User
Mar 11, 2002
US
I'm looking at MS Virtual Server 2005 R2 to migrate my physical servers overs to. I need to display multiple Remote Desktop sessions on a single screen, but have them scale down so that there are no scroll bars. I want to then project that onto a screen. Any ideas on the scaling of the desktop?

In the Windows 2003 Administrator Tools there is an applet called Remote Desktops which is essentially an MMC which allows to have all your servers access via RDP listed in one pane and you can alternate between them. I use it for day-to-day admin of my servers

Actually, I need them to display simultaneously in 4 quads of the screen, but maintain the aspect ratio and have no scrolls.

Thanks for the reply though.

When you connect via RDP, tell is use use a smaller resolution. It will go down to 640*480.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

I need the native resolution of the server, such as 1024x768 to be in each quadrant, just scaled down. There are quadscreen splitters that do this by accepting 4 DVI inputs and outputing one, but I'd rather use something in software on the virtual server if its available.

Thanks for the reply.

Haven't used it in awhile (and don't know if it still exists) but there used to a web interface for Remote Desktop that allows for 4 simultaneous RDP sessions to be active at once on the screen. If you go to and perform a lookup on remote desktop, you just might find it

you could use something like dameware remote control to do exactly that. The newer versions can squash and stretch stuff for you but you could always try using a pc able to utilise multiple monitors.

Iain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back