Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Region PBX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterrenjager

Programmer
Mar 5, 2004
NL
Hi all,

I've got a customer in Europe with multiple locations.

I contact Avay ain the Netherlands but the doesn't seem able to help me.

I'm looking for the tone-generation setup for the countries
Germany, UK, France, Poland, Swiss and Belgium.

At the moment the are all using the dutch tone-generation settings because the are the only one I know.

I know the base tone generator settings, but not how to program confirmation, rep-confirmation, reorder, PBX-dial, secondary-dial, ringback, call-wait-ringback, busy etc.

Besides using the country options in the location-parameters do the need to be changed manualy as well?

I'm also looking for a example of how to program overlap/overlap on the trunk and how to program incomming digit treatment for those trunks.

Looking forward to a reply.

Kind regards,

Ronald

don't have teh full answer but you can start with checking your locations "display locations" and then you do a display location-parameters X where X is the location you want to check. And there you can start checking several settings like the Tone Generation Plan.

My 2cents.

I know how to program al the locations etc.

I also know how to program a tone-generation plan for the Netherlands, the Dutch Avaya standards, what I need are the default Avaya tone-generation setups for Germany, UK, France, Poland, Swiss and Belgium and even Sweden.

Like I said, I have those default for the Netherlands, but not for the other countries.

I called Avaya in the Netherlands and they don't have them, that's why I post it here hoping to find some Avaya engineers or customers in those countries that are willing to post there Tone Generation Custom setup en if possible the terminal parameters.

Is there an engineer around from Germany that can past the tone settings with custom options here?

Same question for an engineer from:
- Poland
- Switserland
- UK
- France
- Belgium
- Sweden

So I'm looking for the: confirmation, rep-confirmation, reorder, PBX-dial, secondary-dial, ringback, call-wait-ringback, busy etc. setup.

Example:
PBX-dial 1: 425/-4.0 1000 msec.
2: goto step 1

Comcode 108343302 is from 1999 and I'm looking for the settings of 2005 or younger. The document helps but does not contain all the information.

Or if there are any Avaya customers doing there own programming in earlier mentioned countries.

Can you do "display tone-generation" and copy those settings in here.

Tnx in advance.

Do you have multinational locations enabled?

You shouldn't have to customise the tone-generation screen to obtain the proper country tones, I only do this for the hold tone if there is no MOH

---------------------------------------------------------
LOCATION PARAMETERS
Analog Ringing Cadence: 10 International Access Code: 00
Analog Line Transmission: 10 Local E.164 Country Code: 0
Companding Mode: A-Law
RECALL TIMING
Flashhook Interval? y Upper Bound (msec): 1000
Lower Bound (msec): 200
Forward Disconnect Timer (msec): 600
MF Interdigit Timer (sec): 10
Outgoing Shuttle Exchange Cycle Timer (sec): 4
-----------------------------------------------------
TONE GENERATION
Base Tone Generator Set: 10
440Hz PBX-dial Tone? n
440Hz Secondary-dial Tone? n
-----------------------------------------------------
TONE GENERATION CUSTOMIZED TONES
Tone Name Cadence Tone
Step (Frequency/Level)
hold 1: 1004/-16.0 Duration(msec): 200 2: silence Duration(msec): 2000 3: goto Step: 1
------------------------------------------------------

I can help you I got all screen capture of these country
except Poland
send me an email to lansafe@gmail.com

I will send you the screen capture.

Cheers
Franck

you shouldnt have to do any of this if your country specific code is set correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back