Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple recor instances in a scroll 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acoyauh

IS-IT--Management
Nov 19, 2001
MX
I've been using Delphi 6 for about a month now. I use it to develop DB applications; so far a DBGrid or navigator panel has done the trick - 'till now.

I have an array of records that reflects the columns (& rows) of a database table. I need a screen that displays a checkbox and 6 different fields as many times as rows in the database. This must appear in a scrollable window and allow for insert/delete of records.
Note: I look at this approach because I can't define different fields types in a DBGrid: a checkBox, two DBLookupCombo (which obtain their list values from other tables) and three DBedit fields.
Is there a way I can do this?
I'll REALLY appreciate tips on this subject...

Howdy,

I dont think the standard DBGrid can handle what you want to do. I suggest getting hold of Woll2Woll's InfoPower components for D6. The TwwDBGrid grid extends the functions of the normal DBGrid by quite a bit. You can select the fields you want to display and the control type (ie. checkbox) for the different fields. It can also handle inserts and deletes from within the window as does the normal DBGrid.

Hope this helps.

WB

Maybe a DBCtrlGrid will do what you're looking for.

A DBCtrlGrid will allow you to put data aware controls on a panel, and then it duplicates that panel for as many records as are in your dataset, in a scrolling list box. Kind of hard to explain, you'll have to try it out.

Hope this helps you!

TealWren

Wildbash:
This seems to be exactly what I was looking for. I'll give it a test drive, but from the D6 help info, it's as good as done.
THANK YOU! --Acoyauh
"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

TDBCtrlGrid looks good - it's in the Help files for D4 but I can't find it on the component palettes. Any clues where it is?

Dooda:
I use D6, and I have it in the BDE tab.
BTW, DBCtrlGrid doesn't let me use DBLookupComboBox. Try it in your version and see if it works for you?
--Acoyauh
"Artificial Intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back