Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Realplayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

kimhoong79

Technical User
Jun 10, 2002
MY
Greetings,

I know this sounds a bit nonsense but I wonder if there is a way to run 2 or more Realplayer programs at the same time.

Thank you for your attention

What happens when you try?

Can you even install two or more?

Perhaps you need something like a Virtual Machine and four ears, or is it two heads?

Microsoft Virtual PC 2004 45-Day Free Trial Edition

FastUser Switching would let them load at the same time, but maybe not run together, but you could only listen as one user or the other.

WMP and Realplayer might run jointly, or even Media Player 6 (WMP folder).

You mean by installing the same software 2 times? I think it's cannot be done because it will remove the previous copy.

As for using Virtual Machine, I do not think it's a bright idea since VM tends to eat up a lot of RAM and HD space.

The reason why I'm asking this question is because I want to listen to the radio for important news (because my country is facing some serious problem with haze) while watching my favorite movies, both the radio and the movies require realplayer!

Is there any way to get this done?

Thanks linney for being helpful.

I doubt it, most probably when you open the second realplayer file it will override the 1st file.

why don't you use media player for the movies and real for the radio.

That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Media Player 10 does not support rmvb format but MPC can (???).

At the moment, I think SimonDavies' suggestion is best for me. BTW, MPC is good!

However, I am still wondering if we can open 2 realplayers at the same time. I have seen a "tweaker program" (don't know the term for it) that will enable 2 MSN Messengers ran at the same time. I think it has something to do with the term of "polygamy" though. I am trying to find out something like this on realplayer. Can anyone provide me some hints/answers?

Polygamy is illegal in the USA! But seriously I started thinking about two browsers open at the same time and doing whatever and then I realized I can do two of anything at the same time using my various inputs and PIP on my monitor. What this has to do with realplayer is a mystery but two different media players sounds reasonable except what do you do about two simultaneous audio outputs.

Now we're gaining on it! You certainly can have two different media players going simultaneously with radio and video. But so far, as I expected, the audio simply combines but each one distinct. Do I have to do everything ?

At the moment I'm using SimonDavies' method. It giving what I want now but I just "wonder" if it is possible to have 2 realplayers running at the same time.

FYI, I'm listening to radio and watching Japanese anime at the same time. I do not understand Japanese, I just read the subtitles, so I do not listen to the video, I just listen to the radio. Talking about human multi-tasking!

Thanks for all the comments but is there anyway to get 2 realplayers running at the same time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back