Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple RDP sessions

Status
Not open for further replies.

MSR63

MIS
Nov 4, 2004
US
How can I have multiple RDP sessions without users getting disconnected?

I have a laptop that has special software for training. I would like to have users RDP into it (no more than 5) at their convenience. I thought you could have multiple RDP sessions going - but just discovered that each session gets dropped when one comes in.

Any suggestions

Now someone correct me if I am wrong, but with Windows XP you can only have 1 RDP session running at at time. If you need multiple sessions, MS would recommend Terminal Server which comes with 5 Client Access Licenses built in. I think there is some cheaper software out there, but I don't know the name.

James Collins
Systems Analyst
A+, MCP, MCSA, Network+

Thanks for the info. I actually confirmed that - however last night I found an edit that would give me at least 3 RDP sessions.

If this was a permanant need I wouldjust do the MS license with 5 users however - it is my understanding that it is only on Windows 2003 server and not XP

Anyway - here's the edit if anyone is interested -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back