Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple queries 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DajOne

Technical User
Jun 11, 2002
CA
From one table containing all fields required, which are Dealer_ID, Dealer Name, Contract number, Exposure, status, start date, purchase $. Dealer ID (and corresponding name)is a unique field (24500 different ones) while the rest of the fields refer to the Contract number (113,000) and each refer to one or many of the dealers...

I want the user to be able to query the table through a form by combining these different criterias

Dealers with:
Total Exposure > than $ and/or
One contract or more with status > than # and/or
Total purchase amount per dealer > than $ and/or
Total purchase amount per dealer after ? start date and/or

Well you get the point... I can make these queries individually but to combine them in one query ??? and using a form with and/or??? Should I tell them to take the train?

This might help or you can do it all in a query first

Modify SQL statement for a form or report
Open the form in Design view or the report in Design view.
Double-click the form selector or the report selector to open the property sheet.
Click the Build button next to the RecordSource property to open the query. You can modify an SQL statement in the same way that you modify a query — just drag fields and set the criteria and sort order in the design grid

I am following you on the properties ... but how can I combine the different queries? (or am I not seeing it?)

Try this one,

Create a SQL statement for a form Open the form in Design view or.Right-click the form selector or the report selector to open Build Event, then Expression Builder. You should be able to do it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back