Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Queries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beb61

IS-IT--Management
Oct 2, 2002
GB
I am just getting to grips with Access 2000 and have written some small DB's.

One is a 'Golf Card' DB. the idea is to capitilise on you lowest score for each of eighteen holes over a period of say six months.

Called an 'Eclectic Score'

What I have prepared is one table containing eighteen field, one for each hole.

I then prepared one query to look at each score in ascending order, with the view of printing out the best round i.e. lowest score for each hole (each field).

In fact this does not work it will only give me the lowest score for a specific record based on that chosen field I select.

It appears that I need to do multiple queries or something like this. No idea how.

Can somebody point me in the right direction with advice on perhaps preparing a query for say three field where upon I can build the queries up.

Thank you in anticipation.

Brian Bosley

Brian:

The easiest way to build this in an Access query is to add your table and fields in design view. Then select the Totals button on the query toolbar (looks like a Sigma). This adds a row titled "Total". By default it will be "group by". Change it to "Min" for each field and when you run the query, it will give you the lowest score from each field

My thanks to the Programmer TerpFan2001. Solution works fine.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back