Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Queries with one to many relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dbless

IS-IT--Management
May 8, 2002
US
I have two tables Orders and Invoices. The relationship between the files is the order number. I need to select all the orders with order entry date between two dates, and select all the invoices with invoice date between two dates. There maybe more than one invoice per order, therefore I need to SUM the invoice amount and return it to the first query, so that I can have the information on a single line.

Any help would be appreciated.

This is off the top of my head (don't have those tables handy in a database), but it should be the right idea.

I wasn't totally sure what you wanted here with the dates. This basic code should give you all orders between the dates specificed that also have invoices between the dates specified. It should give you the total amount of all invoices for that order.

Hope that helps,

Birgit

Select order_id, order_dt, invoice_dt, SUM(invoice_amt) from orders o, invoices i
where o.order_dt between date1 and date2 and i.inv_dt between idate1 and idate2 and o.order_num = i.order_num
group by order_id, order_dt, invoice_dt
sort by order_id

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back