Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Program View Problem XP Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

dennycsr

MIS
Aug 4, 2001
US
My son was using my Laptop and now when I click on a program that is in my tray running, it opens in the backround and not the forground... I have to minimize all other programs to use the one I really want. What setting was changed?

can you explain a little more? you can only see one maximized window at a time. need more explaining. post back.

Example - I'm running WEB Browser and Excel is in lower tray. When I try to click on the Excel, It opens? behind the the browser so the only way I can use the Excel is to Minimize the Browser and reopen Excel as if it is the only thing running. Is there a setting that controls this view process?

i see what you mean.

is excell at quick launch bar or in systray at lower right hand?
right click on, for example on excel and check the property. "run" may have been set to minimized.

The unit is at home and I'll let you know how it works.

Thanks

Jessica Techy ..

The tray shows that the program is the active window however it is hidden behind the last object (program) opened. If I minimize the front window, the program that should be in the forground is opened and sized as it should be. it's as if the control that assigns layers is not working. Does that make sense?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back