Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

billrush

IS-IT--Management
Nov 4, 2002
US
We are running Peachtree Complete Accounting 8.0.02 on a Novell Netware 4.2 Server and have a long history of frustrating problems which include very slow response, single user access errors, and does not foot errors and other miscellaneous errors. Peachtree is installed on each of 3 client PC's 2 of which are running Win 95 and one is running 98 SE. The data resides on the server. We have followed the procedure for correcting the "does not foot error (period 19)" and have not gotten rid of our nagging problems. Where do we start to look for answers. I am told that we should send our data to Peachtree to have it "fixed". I am told by others that we need to do something with the network. We recently added the Lock table=5000 line of code into one of the Novell config files and also deleted all of the .lck files on the server. Still no success. One of the client PC's is now not able to access Peachtree at all. We get a single user access error before the company opens. I am told that we need to do something with the .ini file. I think we are going nowhwere fast with our current situation. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Bill

How many copies of the data exist? This may seem like a strange question but I've seen it happen that more then one exists. That can cause a lot of problems.

Bill Couture
http:\\

Bill,

The company has been backed up several times and those files are on the server, however they all have different names. As far as I know, there is only one copy of the active data file.

Bill

We are having the same problem(same PCA version) but with a Windows 2000 Server (Proliant M300 SErver)-... Sobody around posted something about a Win2000 Server+PCA2003 Problem, i wonder if we are taking about some PCA issue here?

Does anyone know any magic trick for these errors?

I our case we found that when user log out and shut down the PC, a lot of files stay in open-state in the server (they need to be manually closed via server admin tools). If they are not closed, the PCA on the clients gives problems to start.

Any clues?

.lck files indicate that you are runing btrieve locally. I would post this question in the btrieve forum.

Also, Windows 95? You gotta be kidding me! I would assume the hardware associated with the machine is just as obsolete as the OS. Neither w95 nor w98 are even supported platforms anymore, meaning that Microsoft, Peachtree, or whoever will not even take your tech support calls anymore.

Find your checkbook and take the time to upgrade. Then at least you can make a tech support call to Peachtree.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Exact Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back