Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple PRI's to 1 Super Trunk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zednanreholecram

Technical User
Apr 14, 2008
US
Hello all,

I currently have 3 PRI's as TIE trunks from an Option 81C Switch to a Cisco CUCM 7.1 Switch. These act as our tie between the two environments. What was previously set up (as is when I got here), each PRI has it's own DCH and RLI for routing (eq. dch 11-RLI 82, dch 14-RLI 86, dch 15-RLI 87).

And of course, did's and ext's are CDP accordingly from the Nortel to the Cisco individually. So, if my Cisco phone is trying to call a Nortel phone and I'm on RLI 87 and all channels are busy, I can't get through.

I'd like to eliminate the multiple RLI's and have one large one but I'm not sure how to go about this.

Any help would be appreciated. Any information can be provided.

Thanks in advance.

You mentioned dch 11-RLI 82, dch 14-RLI 86, dch 15-RLI 87 etc.
I'm guessing that the current RLI for each has a different Route assigned as well?. i.e. RLI 86 entry 0 = route xx.

If your RLI's only have one entry each, then can you add in the other 2 routes as different entries for each of the 3 RLI's so that the Outgoing call will route to the next available entry for that RLI (assuming that all 3 DCH / RLI's are going to the same destination, or can still be routed via other systems etc?.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

Do you have more than one Nortel switch with tie ckt's.
"I currently have 3 PRI's as TIE trunks from an Option 81C Switch to a Cisco CUCM 7.1 Switch."
If not, then rli's have nothing to do with the way a Crisco
calls to an Option 81c.
With incoming digits on a pri ckt, digits are handled by either public or private digits.

Thanks Firebird Scrambler.

Yes, all three RLI's go to the same destinaion now. Loop 82/RLI 82 used to go to an Option 11 at a remote site and was swung over to the Cisco as is. Loops/RLI's 86 & 87 were already on the Cisco (with one entry each). I'll give that a shot.

Silly question, will I have to tear down the trunks in order to change the route entries (been awhile working with T-1/PRI's)?!?

Thanks.

you do not have to do anything to chg the RLI's as far as ld 14 or 17

Mato' Was'aka

If you are calling from Cisco to Nortel, the RLI's will have no influence on blocking calls. You will need to look at the Cisco side to make sure it is sending calls to all circuits. Firebird was right to get you to add the other routes as he suggested but that is only for calls going from the Nortel to the Cisco.
That being said, you may need to check on the Nortel side to make sure these circuits are two way and will accept inbound calls from the Cisco.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back