Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple PRI's on MAGIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

phonesrus

Vendor
Jul 23, 2002
US
On a new switch R-4 V7 with 3 PRI's, should all the B-channels be assigned to the same B-channel group (ie:30)? Or should they be assigned to 3 different (ie: 28,29,30), assuming all trunks assigned to Pool 70. Inbound routing by dialplan. Each PRI with separate d-channel, Not NFAS.

I would assign a separate BCG per 100D module. For more info see the Feature Reference document and the System Planning Guide for the Legend or Magix.

....JIM....

Jim's habits are like mine. However, I know that you're not breaking any rules by putting all B-Channels into a single group (up to 72 channels total, I believe).

NFAS is not supported on Magix. I've done it with Definity many times and I suspect that IP Office supports it.

Tim Alberstein

My reason for asking was when I was testing my build with a Definity switch setup as CO emulation, I was testing each card individually. I could make inbound calls to the Magix with no problem on each card, but I could not make outbound calls.
With only one card connected at a time I was getting a wave-off from the Magix, and I was not seeing the call setup hit the Definity outbound on a d-channel trace. Therefore, with 2 cards not connected, and one functional, why would a call not be presented???
I have never installed a switch with multiple CO PRI's, single CO's and dedicated LD's, and PtP's, Yes.
I have been using my Definity emulation for testing for a long time, and it has always worked bi-directional in every case but this.
The Magix currently has 3 B-channel groups, and all 69 trunks in pool 70, hence my question.
Following this line, what would happen if 2 of 3 trunks went out of service, would the customer still be able to make outbound calls on the remaining circuit?

My earlier post today somehow didn't make it through. Hmmmm...I got nothin' on that.

Anywho, I made a remark about how no more than two T1 boards can reside in a single cabinet without power problems (according to Unit Load documentation).

Can you verify whether this is the case or not?

Tim Alberstein

I am aware of the power issues, this is currently a 2-cabinet setup. I might need to revisit this, but at the time I was testing in the lab, I only had 2 phones connected, so the actual load was at minimum. It might be a processor issue, oh well, more play time!

1st
R-4 Processor
024tdl
024tdl
100dcd
100dcd
messaging
2nd
100dcd
016 analog
024tdl
024tdl