Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Parameter issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

irenavassilia

Programmer
Jun 19, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I'm using Crystal Reports 10, and I have a range parameter set up with default values.

This parameter is being used in my Record selection.

The problem is if i dont select any of the values from this parameter selection (AR Salesperson Code) it wont allow me to enter other parameters until the AR Salesperson code is selected.

And so i tried another approach - created two seperate AR Salesperson code parameters, one for the starting range and second for the ending range.

Now when i try to set it up in my record selection
({UXDETAIL.SalespersonCode} in {?AR Salesperson Code Start} to {?AR Salesperson Code End});

(keeping in mind that these two parameters have default values stored)

I get this Error:

This is not subscribed. For Array.

I dont understand why i have to insert it as an array.

Please help.

Thank you.

A multiple value parameter is an array. Just have one parameter, make it a range parameter, and make your record selection look like this:

{UXDETAIL.SalespersonCode} in {?SalespersonRange}

Note that you do not have a trailing semicolon, nor do you need to enclose this in parentheses.

Yes, you have to enter a value for every parameter. If you want an option for all salespersons, enter 000 as the starting salesperson range and ZZZ as the ending.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If the phone doesn't ring, it's me".....Jimmy Buffet

Oh ok, thanks alot dgillz.
I dont know much about Crystal Reports just yet so thanks for the help.

Irena,

You might want to consider a half day training class. It is obvious you are very computer literate just struggling with some crystal concepts.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

Yea I really should. Getting hired full time here after graduation in december (if all goes good) and theres lots of Crystal Reporting with these applications.

What kind of training would it be though for just half a day?

There are a number of crystal consultants on this board that can give you one on one training. Depending on where you live or your willingness to travel, classroom training is also available.

Just out of curiosity what application are you reporting against?

Visual Basic 6 and Accpac Applications which are developed in VB6 environment with Accpacs additional add-ons, its pretty neat.

Eventually I'm sure they're going to upgrade to VB.NET though.

I live in Mississauga, and i can travel (public transportation so it cant be too too far).

Classroom training sounds good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back