Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puppetmaster

Programmer
Aug 19, 2002
CL
I need a report with multiple pages (4)
¡¡somebody explain me please.!!

puppetmasterxp@hotmail.com

If you have 4 groups, you can page break after the group footer.

If you have 4 static pages divide your Report Header into 4 subsections (a,b,c,d) and put a page break after each.

Page Break is under Foramt-Section.
If you need more help see faq149-237. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

i have my report divided (at detail section) in 4 (four detail section with page break) at design time shows me 4 pages, ok(thanks), but when i call the report from visual basic 6.0 (Crpttowindow) shows me 28 pages!!! why?

i use:
Crystal reports 7.0
Visual BAsic 6.0
and OCX integration.

Probably because you have 7 records and each recors generates 4 details. Use the Report header instead of the details. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

but i can't include a page break on header in format section
where i can see how many records i have??

think i have only one record or registro (sry i'm from Chile).

You can still use 'new page after' with report header sections.

When you preview in the report designer it will tell you how many records are in memory at the bottom right of the screen. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

new page after option appears disabled at header section, doesn't matter how many i have (1,2,3) in every one new page after option is disabled ahhh at the bottom right tells me 1 record.

When you say "header" do you mean Report Header or Page header?

Are you designing the report against a TTX file and then passing a recordset? That will only have one record in CR, but may have more records at runtime. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

i mean page header when you tell me i realiza report header was hidden yeap i'm on that. i generate temp tables (2) at a temp base and pass the base to crystal.

thank you very much you save my life.
if you come to chile write me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back