Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Outlook accounts on one PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hampton

IS-IT--Management
May 22, 2003
US
Hello everybody,

I have a PC in our receptionist area that will be used by multiple employees. Is it possible to configure Microsoft Outlook so that each employee can use Outlook and have access to their own inbox and outbox?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

James Logan
Orlando, Florida

It isn't possible to create other inboxes, but you can create rules so that when one e-mail comes from one account it will go to that person's folder (you could call that "Inbox" like Deb's Inbox, Sus' Inbox, ect. That would be the easiest. The Outbox would need to be shared though. You know how to work with rules, right?

MrRhettF

Yes it is. You can creat as many profiles as you want. Set OL to prompt for a profile. Make sure security is set to NONE. When OL is opened it will ask for a Profile name. I made mine the username. Then they will be prompted for: username, password, domain. You will have to set up each profile and make sure to assign the correct profile to the correct in box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back