Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Outlook 2003 Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

fisker9

IS-IT--Management
Oct 6, 2003
US
We are trying to setup two email accounts for each user in our office using Outlook 2003. One account is a basic POP3, and the other is using Windows Server 2003's POP3 Service to use as an intraoffice account. The problem occurs when sending. If the webmail account is set as the default, any intraoffice email won't send. And, if the intraoffice account is set as the default, webmail won't send. I know the problem must be with the default account's SMTP. I was wondering if Outlook can determine what SMTP to use depending on the recipient's email address. I hope that makes sense. THANKS!!

Have you tried setting up different profiles for each account? I currently use two accounts (POP3) in one profile, and one account (Exchange 2003 server) on the other profile.

When launching Outlook this will prompt you for a profile. Choosing one of the different profiles should eliminate this issue.

I can explain further if needed.........

Bob

Thanks,
Bob

Thanks for the reply. That actually was our next step, if no other solution came up. Thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back