Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple OFADriver events in System log

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronnie001

Technical User
Jan 10, 2002
AU
Hello,

When I am running a backup using BAB v9 (+ open file agent), the System event log on my backup server gets flodded with an event "Backup Agent for Open Files has dropped a log message intended for BAB". Is there anyway I can stop this from happening?

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: OFADriver
Event Category: None
Event ID: 49
Date: 18/12/2002
Time: 5:50:03 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MGBAK
Description:
Backup Agent for Open Files has dropped a log message intended for BAB.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 54 00 ......T.
0008: 00 00 00 00 31 00 66 86 ....1.f†
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ........

HI,

Go to the Configuration\clients on the BAOF console...
uncheck the option" Enable Extended Features"

restart services.

cheers
speshalyst
So it Shall be Written!
So it Shall be Done!!

Hi speshalyst,

Thanks for the information. I have made the change and will check after tonight's backup.

Can you please tell me, what the "Enable Extended Features" option does? I read the help file and it refers to integration into Arcserve Backup Logging and Alerting System. But what is that?

Regards,

Ronnie

Hi

I get this message too.

I know how to turn it off, I just need to know if this signifies anything important or not.

Cheers

Allen

This seems to be a bit of a double bind from CA.

If you enable Extended Features, the activity log fills up with messages for success and failure from the Open File Agent.

If you disable Extended Features, the event log gets an entry telling you that a message was dropped.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back