Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Network Interface Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mighty

Programmer
Feb 22, 2001
US
Hi folks,

I have a Windows 2003 server running Exchange 2003. I had set this server up initially with two network interfaces (195.10.20.10 and 195.10.20.3). However, there was problems when Exchange tried to send out emails on the .3 interface so I disabled it so that all mails would go out on the .10 interface.

However, this has caused all sorts of DMS issues as the clients are trying to access the server using the .3 interface and failing. I have tried all sorts of things to fix the DNS issue with no success.

Therefore, I am back to Exchange. Is it possible to tell Exchange to only use the .10 interface to relay emails?

Mighty

Thanks for the suggestion but that article deals with setting up the server with an internal and external IP address. In my case, both interfaces were on the internal network and I was going to use it for load balancing.

I was just wondering if there was anywhere in Exchange that I could instruct it to just send out emails on a specific interface and not use the other one.

Mighty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back