Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

multiple music on hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drue

Programmer
Dec 8, 2005
US
I have a customer with a call center and thay want to be able to have 2 seperate music on holds playing for differant departments example 1 would be for service 2 would be for sales is their a way to do this in the nortel switches and if so how is this accomplished
THANKS

If using basic ACD - build 2 seperate Q, each Q will have its own hold music and announcements. 1 Q for sales, 1 Q for whatever...

If you have SCCS/SECC - prefer choice - simple as adding GIVE MUSIC ## (where ## is the music route number) to the script.

Is it true if you add Music On Hold to an 81c that music must play on all phones on hold? I would just like it for one department.

yes and no, Music On Hold does not play across network groups.

If your Music source is in network group 0, all user on network group 0 will get MOH...all other users will get silence....

Unless you build a MOH trunk within group 1, and make it a second member of your MOH trunk group, and assign a conference resource in group 1. If you do this, you can get MOH across multiple groups. You just need to assign a conference resource within each group, and build a trunk within the group for the resource to access.

I am doing this right now on my 81; 2 groups, MOH throughout!

Hope this helps,

Scott M.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back