Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple Mouses

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcawdron

Programmer
Jun 14, 2000
AU
Does anyone know how you can install 2,3,4,5 mouses on the same PC?

Wierd question, I know, but a very practical one, I can assure you.

Thanks,
Peter

I know CISCO makes a product that allows multiple monitors and spliters to view the same PC and they Even have a similar Box that will allow two people to completely interact with one PC.

BUt I believe you have a question concerning if three or more people can operate an individual mouse and see thier own mouse and point out things on the screen with everyone looking. UHmm hasn't been developed as far as I know because the Windows and even LINUX doesn't see the purpose of programing two or three mouse pointers as needed.
I mean Imagine if you ssaw three pointers on the screen, the program would freak.

Hehehehe Sorry.
Check out a Hardware site or even an open source section herein to see if someone has developed such a monster.
I woul dimagine you would need serial mouses rather than PS2 mouses.
Good luck.
CHudman

hi,
just a wacky thought(haven't tried it)...will using usb mice going to a usb hub work ? if they are the same model then you only need to install one driver if it is needed.

just a crazy idea for your problem.

It has been tried before, and two have worked. Don't remember the details, but they are posted here or in the hardware forum. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

thread615-99686 Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

You mean multiple mice AND cursors, right?
Not a multiple mice fighting over the same cursor? Because thats easy enough to do!
I did that by accident when I was installing my usb mouse and I still had my ps/2 mouse installed.

- amgv84

Exactly what is it you're trying to do? I don't have a clue as to why anyone would want to do that... I'm just curious as I can't think of any program that would allow you to do that. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back