Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Multiple monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdpsc

Technical User
Feb 10, 2001
I have a built-in nVidea card, plus an AGP Radeon card in my computer, and I'd like to be able to hook a monitor up to each for dual desktop. When I turn turn the computer on, it automatically uses the Radeon and not the nVidea, in fact, the nVidea card isn't even displayed under display adapters in the control panel.

If I remove the Radeon, the computer works fine with the nVidea, and amazingly the nVidea is listed under display adapters. How do I get it to work with both monitors, if it is possible?

If you use an AGP card instead of the on-board video, the AGP card will disable the on-board. That is why you cannot use both of them.

Enkrypted
A+

Is there any way to prevent that?

I got the same question. I'm about to buy an extra card. Would it help if I got a PCI card instead of an AGP?

It will depend completly on your MOBO. Some will allow a second video card (if PCI), but I have never seen a second AGP allowed. 1 bus, not 2...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back